Landrum Middle School National Junior Honor Society
Sponsor: Mrs. Gayso
Membership in the NJHS is both an honor and a responsibility. As a member, you are expected to demonstrate the qualities of scholarship, service, citizenship, leadership, and character at all times.
Service can be described in various ways. In the routine of the day’s work, many opportunities arise to help others. Willingness to work for the benefit of those in need, without monetary compensation, or without recognition, is the quality we seek in our membership. We are committed to the idea of volunteering our time and abilities to the creation of a better tomorrow.
NEW UPDATES as of 8/28 for FALL 2020 applicants:
- NJHS membership is open to 8th graders only.
- The NJHS application window will open within the first few weeks of school. The official date is TBD. Listen/look for future announcements via Schoology.
- The new due date for the application is TBD.
- The current application will be revised slightly and republished.
FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION, JOIN OUR GROUP ON SCHOOLOGY!
- NJHS meets the second Tuesday of each month unless otherwise noted. This may change for the 20-21 school year. Stay tuned.
- Dues are $20 and should be paid by the October meeting. Dues help cover the cost of our national chapter membership, t-shirts for all members, and any upfront costs of our fundraiser. Any additional profit will be donated to the charity of the group’s choice at the end of the year.
- Service hours, of which 20 hours for the year is required, should be submitted as they are completed documented using the NJHS Service Form on the website (top right corner).